Our client is a leader in its field of Integrated Communication Systems, with a global footprint and enviable path to continued growth.
Due to strong growth, they are seeking to recruit a Hardware engineer to join their team in their Head Office in North Ryde.
They are looking for a Hardware Engineer to assist with the Engineering and Testing as well as hardware development and documentation. You will be required to design and develop equipment for the transport industry, particularly rolling stock. You will be responsible for the design of electrical analog circuitry, as well as test jigs and assist with automation and reduced manufacturing costs.
You will be a proactive engineer, with flexible attitude and enthusiasm for taking on challenges and working on multiple projects.
- Develop and design cost effective, easy to assemble products that are both functional and meet specifications, in particular rolling stock
- Prepare technical documentation, BOMs for printed circuit assemblies, drawings and 3D models to assist with manufacture
- Perform required equipment compliance testing
- Work with manufacturers to ensure optimal design and problem free manufacturing,
- Work, hands on, through all phases of product development – concept through to production
- Develop and configure PCA test procedures for hardware Interfaces
- Develop and configure appropriate equipment functional test procedures and hardware interfaces
- Perform compliance testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or industrial design
- Strong knowledge of Analog and digital circuitry is essential
- Use of Altium for schematic and PCB
- Experience in Rhino, Autocad and Solidworks
- Excellent knowledge of analog and digital circuitry
- Understanding of EMC testing
- Excellent communication, documentation, organisation and time management skills
- Experience in regulatory and compliance requirements and documentation
- Good knowledge of material science
- Ability to speak Mandarin would be an advantage
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence